Pauline Hanson/One Nation
In 2013, Pauline Hanson contacted The Social Tone (Poli PR’s sister business) to get help with promoting her campaign for a NSW Senate seat, at that year’s election. We set-up and managed Ms Hanson’s Facebook page, Twitter and YouTube account for the 3-month campaign. Since Ms Hanson had gone back to the party she helped start, One Nation, we also helped design and update the One Nation website and Social Media accounts. Whilst she was unsuccessful in winning the Senate seat, we were successful in obtaining high results on her Facebook page and presenting the party in a professional manner, in the online space.
In 2014, we continued to run the marketing for the party and Ms Hanson, and at the 2015 QLD State Election, we worked with all candidates to design their marketing material. Ms Hanson missed out on winning the seat of Lockyer by 114 votes; the campaign ran for 1 month due to a snap election.
One Nation and Ms Hanson’s popularity continued to grow and so did their Facebook reach, with millions of Australians listening to their message in the lead up to the July 2016 Federal election. At that election, Ms Hanson won her QLD Senate seat and the party secured 4 Senate seats, across the country.
One Nation and Pauline Hanson are previous clients.
To rebrand and present Ms Hanson and the One Nation Political Party with a professional image. This required the updating of the colours, logo and fonts used, which had been originally designed in 1997. Digital marketing was going to play a big role in the campaign due to the majority of people receiving their news on social media and through the web.
- New branding colours
- New logo design development input
- Website Design & Management
- Online merchandise shop
- CRM Database Management
- Facebook Set-Up, Design & Management
- Twitter Set-Up, Design & Management
- YouTube Set-Up, Design & Management
- Candidate Print Promotional Material (brochures)
- How To Vote cards
- Merchandise design/Newsletter production
- Media Liaison & Media Releases
- Advertisement design and placement
- Event Management and Promotion
- PR Consulting
- Rebranded – professional look
- Pauline Hanson’s Please Explain Facebook Page
– 2.3 million audience, 7.6 million organic/paid views (3 month campaign in 2013)
– 467,500 audience, 1.8 million organic views (1 month prior to the 2015 QLD State Election)
– growth over 3 years resulted in 8 million audience, 41 million organic/paid views in the month leading up to the 2016 Federal election
- 4 Senators elected
- Over 500,000 votes collected throughout Australia at the 2016 Federal Election
- $1.7 million electoral funding for the party (for votes collected)
Click image to view